Bookings have now closed for our 2019 Annual Conference in Stoke-on-Trent
Pay your remaining balances HERE.
The Annual Conference runs from Friday 29th to Sunday 31st March 2019 with the Hospital Radio Awards taking place on Saturday 30th March 2019.
Conveniently close to the M6 corridor, the Best Western Stoke-on-Trent Moat House Hotel is the leading conference hotel in Staffordshire.
The bursary provides successful applicants with an opportunity to meet fellow hospital broadcasters, and to find out about the work of other stations and the HBA. See more details and to apply HERE.
Terms & Conditions
1.1 Conference - The HBA 2019 Conference
1.2 We/Us/HBA - The Hospital Broadcasting Association
1.3 You/Your - The delegate who appears on the booking form
1.4 Party Leader - The delegate submitting the booking form
1.5 Booking Form - The official conference booking form available via the HBA website
1.6 Full Weekend - A conference package which includes Friday dinner, Friday night accommodation, Saturday breakfast and lunch, Saturday night gala dinner, Saturday night accommodation, Sunday breakfast and lunch, entry to trade show and all seminars/workshops, plus tea/coffee during the day, where served.
1.7 Saturday Arrival - A conference package which includes Saturday lunch, Saturday night gala dinner, Saturday night accommodation, Sunday breakfast and lunch, entry to trade show and all seminars/workshops, plus tea/coffee during the day, where served.
1.8 Saturday Day Delegate - A conference package that includes entry to trade show, Saturday seminars/workshops, Saturday lunch plus tea/coffee during the day, where served. The Saturday night gala dinner is not included.
1.9 Gala Dinner Only - Attendance at the Saturday night gala dinner and the National Hospital Radio Awards only.
1.10 Trade Show - An exhibition of goods and services of interest to delegates.
1.11 Trips & Visits - Visits to radio stations and/or other local places of interest. Generally speaking, these are free and we will provide a minibus. Where the venue makes a charge, you will be advised of this in advance.
2.1 Where accommodation is limited bookings are accepted on a “first come first served” basis. For the purpose of this clause, a booking is accepted on receipt of BOTH the booking form and the deposit payment. A double / twin room will not be reserved unless 2 delegates have submitted a booking form and deposit payments.
2.2 All bookings must be made using the official booking form and accompanied by a deposit. Deposits are non-refundable.
2.3 If you need to cancel your booking please let us know as soon as possible. We will do our best to re-let your room. If we are successful then we will refund your payment less the deposit. If we are unable to re-let your room then you will be liable for the full amount.
2.4 Residential (Full Weekend and Saturday Arrival) and Non-residential (Saturday Day delegate and Gala Dinner/Awards) bookings close on 31st January 2019 and no further bookings will be accepted after this date. Invoices will be issued on the acceptance of your booking and we reserve the right to cancel your booking if the outstanding balance of your payment has not been received by us on or before 1st March 2019 and your deposit forfeited.
2.5 Your payment to us includes:
- Accommodation, as booked (see definitions above)
- Meals, as booked (see definitions above)
- The cost of attending seminars, workshops and the trade show
- Trips and visits (unless otherwise advised of an admission charge)
- Any entertainment organised as part of the conference
- Car parking at the conference venue
2.6 Your payment does not include:
- Transport to/from the conference venue
- Any extras you may charge to your room, e.g. drinks or room service
2.7 The price quoted on the booking form is a guaranteed maximum price except that, if the standard rate of VAT increases, the cost to you may increase accordingly. The price may reduce subject to us obtaining any sponsorship/subsidies.
2.8 The HBA reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking.
3.1 Information given by you will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
- We will pass your name, package type and any special requirements for the conference hotel but not your contact details.
- We will publish an attendance list (consisting of the names of hospital radio stations or organisation/company names that are present) which will be given to all delegates and trade show exhibitors attending the conference. If you do not want your organisation's name to be published on the attendance list please let us know by the 31st January 2019 at the latest.
- We will use your email address to acknowledge your booking and also to keep you informed about this conference.
- We will use your telephone number in case of booking queries.
- Your email address will also be added to the distribution list for the HBA’s Conference 2019 electronic newsletter.
- It is optional to supply additional delegates contact details but if you do you must obtain their consent to the uses detailed above.
- Subject to the above we will not pass your details to any other person or organisation.
- We will retain the contact details for up to 1 year in case of arising queries from this conference. They will be deleted once the conference administration is complete.
4.1 Please advise us of any special requirements at the time of booking. Any dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, nut allergy, gluten-free etc.) or other special needs must be advised to us in writing by 31st January 2019 at the latest.
5.1 It is a condition of booking that you will behave in a manner that does not bring the HBA and hospital broadcasting in general into disrepute. This includes settling your “extras” account with the hotel on departure. There may be non-HBA guests in the hotel and they should not be inconvenienced by your presence.
5.2 Where delegates’ behaviour is considered inappropriate, they will be informed and asked to refrain from further such behaviour.
5.3 Further complaints may result in delegates being excluded from further participation in this and future conferences. In all cases, the HBA’s decision is final.
Children and young persons
6.1 Any children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The parent or guardian will retain full responsibility for the children whilst they attend the conference.
6.2 Young persons between the ages of 16 and 18 must provide signed parental/guardian consent to their attendance. The party leader will assume full responsibility for any young persons included in their booking form whilst they attend the conference. A copy of the signed consent must be provided with the official booking form.
Seminars, trips and visits
7.1 All seminars, trips and visits are advertised in good faith but circumstances beyond our control may result in amendments or cancellations. Where spaces are limited, all seminars, trips and visits are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Please note that where trips and visits take place outdoors it is your responsibility to be prepared for inclement weather.
Photographs and videos
8.1 By booking to attend the HBA Conference and National Hospital Radio Awards you are consenting to any photographs and videos taken that you appear in during the conference weekend being used for HBA marketing and public relations purposes.
8.2 Photographs and video footage will also be published on the HBA website.
9.1 Whilst we will do all in our power to ensure that the conference takes place as described there will be occasions where we need to make changes to the published itinerary. All advertised seminars and visits are provisional and subject to change.
9.2 Should it be necessary, due to events beyond our control, to cancel the conference we will refund all monies paid by you. Neither the HBA nor its conference organising sub-committee can accept any further liability beyond this.